Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekend two down..

So we've officially survived two weeks of living in Okinawa. We spent Thanksgiving with Ryan and his family and friends. Then black friday instead of going shopping on base (which I really wish he woulda let me try because they had a sale for 25% off on Doone & Brooke bags..) we went and explored the part of Okinawa that is called "The American Villiage". Which we found about four or five mall complexes. And each mall has a arcade in it. We discovered stores that had sections full of Disney or Stitch items. And a department store that is the closest thing to a Walmart that I've seen so far. The only difference was they sold bigger lumber than walmart and they had more live animals than Walmart does. We found two types of turtles in the aquarium section and then we saw the puppies.. which to be honest they all looked a little sick, but Jason found one he thought was cute and he kinda played with it for about 10 minutes, then we continued our exploring. We rode the Ferris Wheel and took pictures of the surrounding area while we went up!!





We havent' really eaten any Japanese food, mainly because I've been to nervous to do it without having taken the Japanese language course that they offer, to make sure we get what we originally wanted. We did go clothes shopping.. which was a bit interesting. Their sizes for pants is by centimeter!! and Needless to say I ended up getting a pair of 3x capri's. The only type of clothing I have with me is jeans, tshirts and sweaters. Because someone told me it would be really cold over here... and now that we are here we are learning different! haha. We have been told that it will eventually get cold so having all my sweaters and warm clothes is a good thing.




Oh and another thing we did!! Every base has a Phi's Auction house/store in the exchange. This past weekend there was an auction at the Kadena BX, naturally we ended up going just to experience it. Jason told me if there was anything I saw that I wanted to give him a poke cause he got a number. Lets just say he picked out two things, a "small" tiger statue and a pair of wooden cups that can be used as paintbrush or chop stick holders... Me on the other hand... I picked out two color inhansed Jade necklesses, a cherry blossum vase, a "small" horse statue, 3 of their special pictures, a wine bottle chest and two little arches that have a town carved into them.

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that Ryan has been there for you. It sounds like really every day is a new adventure for you! Learn and grow my dear! This is a wonderful opportunity! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, those arches are really cool! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving - thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete