Saturday, November 13, 2010

First Birthday in Okinawa

My day started rather early... I believe 5:30 to be exact. All because at 7:30 the night before both Jason and I were having trouble keeping our eyes open, so we went to bed. Being in bed for 10 hours is very rare for me now a days, but was still greatly appreciated. Jason gave me a kiss and said Happy Birthday while we were still "waking up" just so he could be the first one to tell me Happy Birthday ON my birthday. But my nephew Xander had told me Happy Birthday a couple days before "practicing".
Once we were up, Jason let me edit some pictures while he cooked me breakfast, 2 eggs and a honey wheat English muffin with a glass of orange juice. It was very good. Around that time my sister called and both she and Xander sang to me Happy Birthday. Listening to Xander's sweet little voice trying soo hard to get all the words out melted my heart and made me miss them just a little bit more. Then while I was "cleaning" the bunny cage Jason got a bubble bath ready for me :) Which is about the same time he took it upon himself to give me 25 spankings with a pinch to grow an inch.. Not that the pinch would really do any good, I think I am forever doomed to remain my whopping 5 feet 3 inches.
I ended up having to clean the rabbit cage again because Mimi has been having issues going potty on the floor.. A lot. So to use up some time I ended up mopping the floor using hot dawn dish soapy water. It made the room smell A LOT better. By the time I was done it was after 9 am so by then things would be open for business. We stopped at the post office to mail off a couple Christmas presents, and then went to Starbucks where we both got some coffee. I got an Iced Pumpkin Latte with a chocolate chip muffin, it was very yummy. Then we went to Kadena's BX to do a little Christmas shopping.
It rained all day, I swear Okinawa is as bad as Seattle when it comes to rain, but then it reminds me that we are on a Sub-tropical Island, which requires a lot of rain to keep it looking pretty green. I joked with Jason that the world doesn't know how to handle my "big" birthdays, because when i turned 18 all the electricity for a 10 to 15 mile radius went out because of a snow storm. So now turning 25 it just had to rain all day :p
Needless to say we just stayed at Kadena's BX mall most of the day. Jason and I looked at the shoes and the fashion snow boots with the fur on top and joked about how my dad would make a comment about them not being good barn boots. We found a pair of clog like shoes with really big heels instead that I liked, and Jason laughed because when stepped into them I grew a good five inches!! Don't worry about me killing myself in them, I walked up and down the row of shoes first to make sure I could do it. I found a long sleeve shirt that looked comfy for Jason and he even commented that it looked nice and I put it in the basket to get for him. My argument was "Its my birthday and if I want to buy you something then I can!" Needless to say he couldn't argue with that.
We ended up going to the auction that was going on down stairs in the concession mall and got a couple Christmas presents there. I wanted to stay and see if they would bring out one of the really big remote controlled helicopters, but Jason was noticing that I needed to get some lunch in me so he made us leave and go to the food court. After I got done eating he suggested we keep walking around.. then he directed me over to the "SPA" and when we walked it I swear I had this bewildered look on my face because the day before when i told him I wanted to make an appointment for a massage he told me they were booked and that he tried. But apparently they only had a slot for a back massage and he signed me up for it. I feel 100 % better now by the way, I'm very happy he was able to get me the massage. And when I came out he had some flowers for me. the only thing I had that was "wide" enough was a empty spaghetti sauce jar, but hey it works right? They smell beautiful and we can smell them from the dinning room table all the way over to the couch.
After the massage Jason and I went and saw "Despicable Me", which was a really cute movie and we agreed that when it comes out on DVD we'll have to get it. After that we went to Sam's Anchor Inn and had dinner. Which I ended up only being able to eat half of it but at least I gave my best effort! I don't understand how the locals can have such big meals and still remain soo tiny! When we came out of the restaurant it quit raining.. and we just went home and spent our night watching Marmaduke and snuggling with Leo. (The good bunny)
Its amazing to think how last year we were finishing up packing up our house with the movers, we were living in a hotel room, I was heartbroken because I had just saw all my family for the last time before we were supposed to leave and I had to give my dog away because of her breeding... Weelp on to another year.


  1. Love you Sweetheart! It was so good to talk with you. Glad you had a good B-day.

  2. Wow, I'm so glad you had a nice birthday - he really went all-out, huh?! :) A massage sounds amazing! And those shoes are cute. :) It is really neat how God has helped you guys through this last year, and I'm glad you had a great day! :) Happy birthday late! :)