Monday, March 22, 2010

Nothing new really...

So since the earth quakes nothing new has really been happening.. Except I've sort of started my own little photography business all while still trying to find and apply for jobs in my field. I call my photography biz Erin Marie Photography, and so far I've only taken pictures of babies and toddlers with the rabbits for Easter. Today however I did my first outside shoot for a baby's first birthday.
This past weekend Jay and I tried to go on a whale watching tour, but due to bad weather it was canceled. That was rather depressing because I was really looking forward to it. We ended up driving around the island and seeing different places that we knew we needed to check out. Like White Beach. This weekend I have a Girl Scout Volunteer Training camp to go to, and then the second week of April I will be a volunteer counselor for the girl scout camp. I found out that they needed volunteers through someone I met on my Marine wife support group... (THANKS MISSY!!!) I'm super excited about it, because just thinking about camping and girl scouts brings back SO many cool memories of camping at Camp Timbercrest. I just hope and pray that Jason remembers to take care of the rabbits!!
I do have something cool to share... My cousin Ryan and his family are going to be moving from their little two bedroom apartment to a nice three bedroom apartment in the tower building that is right next to the one we live in!!!! We are all a little excited about this, and are praying that their baby Tristan gets better. Both of their boys have been sick a lot since they moved into the apartment they are currently living in. And this past winter they discovered a lot of mold growing in different places in their apartment. No matter how much they cleaned they couldn't get rid of it. So after we suggested that being around the mold might not be helping, they talked to the doctors who agreed that the mold isn't helping either of the boys and they were able to get doctor's request to move into a better place. I know Stephanie is looking forward to living closer to "family", that way when Ryan gets deployed here soon she'll have us who are literally next door to help her out if we are able.
Well that's all for now. I'm going to be doing at least three more photo shoots this week, as well as finally getting my application and resume sent off to a potential job. Which means I'm going to have to keep looking for other jobs, so I'll have a better chance of getting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment